There are many situations when you have to reset your devices. One could be that you are planning to sell it, or you are unable to update its operating system and another could be that your device is working inappropriately. In the first case, it is not just enough to delete the files because then there are chances that you might skip some files and the other person will get his hands on your personal data. In this situation, it is better to factory reset MacBook pro.
How to reset MacBook pro to factory settings?
Some of the essential steps to factory reset MacBook pro are given below:
Step 1- Restart your device in recovery mode
To do this, turn of your Mac device just like you always do and then power it on again. Before it completely turns on, you have to press and hold the “Command+R” keys. Hold them until you see the “Apple” logo. After this, release the keys and go to step 2.
Step 2- Erase data from the hard drive
After opening your device in recovery mode, the usual login process will not begin but you will see the “macOS Utilities” window. After this, do as follows:
- When the utility window opens, click on “Disk Utility” followed by “Continue”.
- Now, choose the startup disk and hit the “Erase” button.
- Click on the “Mac OS Extended” as the format option.
- Again, click on the “Erase” button and wait for the process to finish.
- After this, you can reinstall macOS but this is an optional step.
How to factory reset MacBook pro when you cannot reboot?
If you are unable to reboot your mac and because of it you are not able to factory reset MacBook Pro, then you have to forcibly reboot it. Follow the steps given below to hard reboot your device:
- Locate the “Power” button present on your device.
- Hold it at least 5 seconds until your device shuts down.
- Hit the “Power” button once again to boot your device.
- After this, you can follow the above-mentioned procedure to factory reset your device.
If you are stuck at a particular step and unable to restore your device to its factory settings, then you should go for expert assistance. They will provide you with apt solutions to your query and will guide you throughout the reset process.
Read – How to install Apps on Mac?