Haven’t you all heard about the potential dangers of being online or visiting websites that are not trustworthy and even opening emails that claim to be sweepstakes but turn out to be fake? And downloading files from unknown email senders too can potentially harm your computer? Well here if you are thinking of uninstalling McAfee internet security from your computer then you should think again.
Well, the fact is that we have to go online to do various activities like connecting with friends on social media as well as online shopping. So, meanwhile we do that, we should leave the responsibility of security on Antivirus programs like McAfee.
But still for any reason, you wish to remove McAfee family protection or delete McAfee from Windows 10, here is how to do it. For doing this method, you do not require McAfee true key.
Uninstalling McAfee from your PC or Laptop
- Click on the Start button and go to “Control Panel”
- Then click on click on “Uninstall a program” under “programs”
- Here, look for “Uninstall or change a program”
- Now you will see a list of all the programs that are installed
- You need to look out for “McAfee” once you find it, click to highlight it
- Right-click on the highlighted program to see – “Uninstall”, “Change” or “Repair”
- Simply click on “Uninstall” and later follow on-screen instructions to delete McAfee
But, if you face an error during the process of uninstalling McAfee, you can go to the official website of McAfee through your web browser like Google Chrome. Here, search for “McAfee Removal Tool.” Download and install it so that you can remove McAfee installed on your computer or laptop completely.
- Once downloaded, double click the file to run it
- Now, click “Next” you will see the “End User License Agreement”
- Click on “I Agree” after you will be two options
- Here you need to click on the “Next” button after agreeing to the EULA
- On the next window, you will see random alphabets or numbers, the correct interpretation is to be typed by you in the box just below that image
- Once done, then click on “Next”
- The window will show you the list or the name of the McAfee product installed on your machine, select the one you want to uninstall and click “Next”
- A progress bar of un-installationof the McAfee product will be displayed
- By the time the process of un-installing in underway, save and close all other programs.
- After un-installing process completes, the window will show a confirmation message as “Removal Complete”
- Click on “Restart” and here, make sure you have followed “Step 6” if yes, then click on “Yes”
- Now your PC or computer will automatically restart.
You have completely uninstalled the McAfee product from your machine. By following the above method, you can not only remove McAfee antivirus, but can also uninstall McAfee safe connect and McAfee total protection.
How to uninstall McAfee on Mac?
Uninstalling any program on Mac computer is very easy. What you need to do is to navigate to the programs folder and look out for the program that you wish to completely remove from your MacBook or Mac Computer. Once you find it, just right click on the app icon and click on “delete” or “move to trash”. Once you do this the program automatically uninstalls itself from the machine without any delay. So, by applying this method you can uninstall McAfee on Mac.
Uninstalling McAfee from Android and other laptops
These days different companies are making laptops like Dell and HP, and in this case too the uninstalling process for McAfee is the same. You do not require any virtual technician to help you. As these steps are very easy to follow.