Mac is Apple’s operating system that runs on all computers and laptops that are manufactured by Apple and it is called Mac OS. Mac OS has many advantages over other systems like Windows. Although considering its cost, most PC or laptop users opt out of using Mac because it is expensive. But offices and big MNCs prefer using laptops running Mac OS as it is meant for heavy usage.
Apps on Mac OS
Let us look into how Mac OS works; just like PCs or laptops running on Windows OS have programs or software to do things, similarly Mac OS too has apps or in other words has programs that are called apps. Hence software that are installed on the Mac OS machines are called apps. We as users, use apps for different purposes like watching videos, editing photos, writing documents, calculating and managing data and making work flow presentations and even school projects.
Install Apps on Mac
So, conduct all these tasks, we will require apps, and these can be installed on Mac OS by visiting its App Store. The App Store can be found on the dock that is usually present on the bottom of the screen. The App Store is a round icon with three tools arranged in a triangular manner, looking like an “A” inside the circle.
Here is how you can install apps or programs on apple Mac
- Click on the App Store icon
- Search for the app or program that you wish to download by clicking on the search space on the top right corner of the App Store
- Once you have found the program, you will need to check if the app is free of cost or is paid
- If the app you want is paid, then cost will be shown in a small box else the box will read “Get App”
- Simply click on the small bottom and follow the instructions visible on the screen
- You will be able to install the app on your Mac
Now that you have installed the app, you can use it as per the requirement.
Although, many a times, it happens that we Install too many programs on our computer. And we forget as what all do, we have on it and we keep installing new apps and here the old or unused apps take a lot of space on your machine. It is necessary to uninstall apps on Mac so that you can have space for storing your files and this also helps the computer to perform better and faster. So let us learn how to uninstall a program on Mac.
How to uninstall a program on Mac
Uninstalling a program or uninstalling an application on Mac is very easy. To know how to delete, remove an app from Mac laptop or computer, just follow the very easy steps
Just follow the simple steps to uninstall a program from your Mac laptop
- Open Launchpad by clicking its icon on your dock, tapping F4 in the function
- Select the program from the computer’s App Store, which you wish to delete.
- Now click and hold the icon of the program that you want to delete until it starts jigging
- You will now have to click the ‘X’ appearing in the top left corner.
- Click Delete when prompted.
Now you know how easy it is to delete apps or programs from your Mac Laptop or Computer.