There are many antivirus software available in the market that protects our data and keeps our identity safe from hackers and cybercriminals. And in these, there is one name that stands out and that is Avast antivirus. Although today we are going to discuss how can we uninstall Avast antivirus. There are different ways by which and different devices from which we can uninstall Avast antivirus. Let’s take a look at how could it be done.
How to uninstall Avast antivirus
Since Avast is multi-platform antivirus software that is available on a range of devices running on various operating systems, there are different ways to uninstall antivirus depending upon which OS is the software installed. In other words, Avast can be installed on computers that run Windows as well as on laptops running apple’s Mac OS. Apart from computers, Avast can also be installed on mobile devices running Google’s Android OS and also available on devices running iOS for iPhones and iPad OS. So based on these, Avast can be uninstalled from these devices in different manners.
Uninstalling Avast from laptop and computers running Windows
Here we will learn about uninstalling Avast antivirus from computers running Windows. So, if you are using a Windows computer or laptop follow the below-given steps to uninstall Avast antivirus from your device.
- In the start menu, click on “Control Panel”
- Once control panel opens, look for “Programs” and click on “Uninstall a program” link visible under program option
- You will now see a list of programs installed on your computer
- Look for “Avast antivirus” and right-click on it
- Choose the “Uninstall” option so start the uninstalling process
- Now just follow the on-screen instructions to uninstall Avast antivirus from you computer
- Click on “restart” if prompted, this will remove any remaining files of the antivirus
The above-mentioned steps are usually the standard way of uninstalling Avast antivirus from Windows PC. Also by using this method, you can uninstall Avast cleanup premium too.
Now let us look at some questions that are usually asked about uninstalling Avast from other devices and few alternate methods too.
Related Article – https://support.avast.com/en-us/article/Uninstall-Antivirus
Common questions about uninstalling Avast antivirus
How to uninstall Avast antivirus using command prompt?
We do not recommend using command prompt to uninstall any program or software from your computer, but since many users have asked, we have explained as to how you can uninstall Avast antivirus using command prompt. So follow the below-mentioned steps very carefully.
Please note that this method works only on old Windows systems that run Windows XP Professional, Windows Vista, Windows 10, 7, Windows Server 2003 and Windows Server 2008 only.
- Click Start à All Programs à Accessories à Command Prompt
- When the command prompt window opens, type “wmic” and press the “Enter” key on your keyboard
- Now type the command: product get the name and hit Enter. This command will populate a list of installed programs on the computer with the complete name of all software
- After the program names appear, type, “product where name=” ” call uninstall” and press “Enter” on your keyboard. (Make sure that Inside name ” ” you have to type the exact name of the software that you want to uninstall. For example Avast Antivirus)
- You will now have to type “Y” for confirming the un-installing process and again press “Enter” to uninstall Avast antivirus
How to uninstall Avast mobile security and Avast password manager?
Since “Avast mobile security” is available on both, Android and iOS devices both have different ways to uninstall apps. So first we will learn how to uninstall Avast mobile security from an iPhone or iPad. It is very simple, just long-press on the Avast mobile security app icon on your iPhone or iPad and you will get an option to uninstall the software. Now just tap on “Uninstall” and you’re done!
Now, in android too, you can uninstall Avast mobile security by long pressing on the app icon, here you will get extra options including uninstalling apps. So to uninstall, long press and then tap on the option that looks like a dustbin. The app will then be uninstalled.
By this simple method, you can also uninstall Avast password manager from your android phone or iPhone.
How do I remove the Avast folder from C drive?
After performing the uninstall process as mentioned at the start of the article, click on Start à Computer. Now Double click on the icon that reads “Local Disk (C:)”. Then open the folder named “Program Files” and now look for the Avast folder. Simply right-click the folder and click on delete. That’s it!
Is Avast malware?
Avast is not a malware, it is trustworthy antivirus software that helps you protect your data and defend your computer against viruses and malware. In 2017, Avast brought a PC cleaning software called CCleaner. The August 2017 update of CCleaner was loaded with malicious code to infect user’s PC and steal their personal information. So to stop this, Avast released another update that fixed the malware issue, although both the software are different but owned by Avast, so it is not correct that Avast is a malware.
How do I delete all files in Avast?
Deleting Avast files is not the correct way of uninstalling any kind of software from your computer. Users should always follow the standard method of uninstalling software from PCs and laptops. So visit the “Control Panel” by clicking the start button. Now in the control panel, click on “Uninstall a program” under “Programs” So, once you see a list of programs just right click on Avast antivirus and click on uninstall. Then visit C:\Program Files and then delete the folder named “Avast”. Deleting any file without uninstalling the program may lead to corrupting the file.
Now you know as to how to uninstall Avast by different means depending upon their operating system.