If you are a mac user, then you must be aware of the “Malwarebytes” that is available in all the Mac PCs and other mac devices. This program helps a user to get rid of the harmful viruses, adware, ransomware, and other malware from your mac device. This keeps your device protected and makes it running like a new one. But, sometimes it becomes so problematic that you have to uninstall Malwarebytes. You may also want to uninstall Malwarebytes because you wish to install its upgraded version. If you do not uninstall the older versions of programs before installing the upgraded ones, then it may hamper the installation process. Moreover, you can come across other problems with the older versions. So without wasting much time, let us begin to discuss the method to uninstall Malwarebytes.
Steps to uninstall Malwarebytes through the “Help” menu
Follow the steps given below in a systematic manner so that you can get rid of the program completely:
- First of all, open your mac device from which you wish to uninstall it.
- Now, locate the entry for Malwarebytes for Mac and click on it.
- After this, use the menu bar and navigate to the “Help” section and click on it.
- From the help section, click on the “Uninstall Malwarebytes” option.
- When a prompt appears on your screen saying: “This will completely remove the Malwarebytes software. Are you sure you wish to proceed?” you have to click on “Yes”.
- Enter your mac’s admin password when prompted and hit the “Ok” button.
If this doesn’t help, you can go through the next section. Also, note that this process won’t work for Android users.
Uninstall using the Malwarebytes uninstall tool
Using the uninstall tool, you can easily uninstall all Malwarebytes software from Mac devices as well as from Windows 10 devices. You can easily download this tool by navigating to a trusted website and this is how you can use it:
- The first thing you need to do is click on the “Mac uninstall script” to download the tool.
- After this, navigate to the “Downloads” folder and locate “Uninstall_MWB”.
- Double-click on it to run the removal tool.
- This action will display a “Uninstall_MWB is an application downloaded from the Internet. Are you sure you want to open it?” window. When this appears, click on the “Open” button to continue.
- Click “Yes” on the confirmation window and enter your Mac’s password when you are prompted for it and then click “OK”.
- Now, the uninstall tool will run and remove “Malwarebytes for Mac” from your computer.
- When the process completes, click on the “Ok” button and confirm that it is no longer installed on your computer.
You can do this by searching for it and if it does not appear, it has been completely removed from your computer. To keep your computer safe from virus attacks, you should reinstall the program by going through the steps mentioned in the next section.
How to reinstall Malwarebytes premium?
- Visit https://www.malwarebytes.com/ the official website of Malwarebytes.
- Click on the “Download free version” link and save the file to your desktop.
- Now, double-click on the file and select the installation language followed by tapping on “OK”.
- Click “Next” and select “I accept the agreement” option after which click “Next” twice.
- In the end, follow some on-screen instructions and click “Install” to begin the installation.
When it gets downloaded, you can start using it for virus-scanning. For further assistance, you can take the help of experts who will guide you throughout the uninstallation process.