Today Microsoft office is equipped in almost all the PCs and Macs that people are using. But, sometimes the Office software available on your device starts to create hurdles in your work. In this situation, all you want to do is remove it from your PC. There might be other reasons for doing so. Sometimes, you want to fix certain bugs. At other times, you might want to install the updated version of the software and that is why you wish to uninstall the previously installed version of it so that you can download the updated version without any hassle. This article highlights the main topics that are related to uninstalling Microsoft Office.
Can we use an Office removal tool for Mac?
The Office Removal Tool is used to get rid of any Office application or software which is currently present on your device. Using this, you can easily uninstall any version of Office such as Microsoft Office 2007,2010, 2011, 2013, and 2016 from your PC, laptop, computer, tablet, and mobile phones. But, unfortunately, you can use it to uninstall Office software from Mac devices including Catalina, Mojave, MacBook Pro and MacBook air because it only works on Windows OS including Windows 10.
Steps to uninstall Office from Mac
- The first pre-requisite to uninstall Office is to quit all the Office apps that are running in the background.
- After this, open the finder from your Mac device.
- Now, go to the “Applications” folder.
- Now, locate the version of Office that you wish to uninstall.
- Hold it and move it to Trash.
- After moving the Office software into Trash, do not forget to empty the Trash to get rid of it completely.
- To uninstall it completely, you have to remove the residual files also for which the discussion has been further in this article.
Read Related article – https://support.office.com/en-us/article/uninstall-office-for-mac
How to remove Office license files on a mac?
- In the beginning, you have to download the license removal tool form the official website of Office.
- Once you download it, click on the .pkg file and open it.
- After this, click on the “Continue” button and follow the instructions as given by the setup wizard.
- Now, click on the “install” option and enter the admin password when prompted.
- Run the tool and when it completes the removal process, close it.
- You may need to restart your Mac device to remove it completely.
How to uninstall Office updates on Mac?
- Use the “Dock” to locate the “Applications” folder.
- Locate the version of Office that you want to uninstall.
- Now, drag it and move it to “Trash”.
- Once, you remove it from your device, you have to install it once again.
- You can install the Office software directly from the official website by logging into your Office account.
- If you have an installation disc, then insert the Office disc into the optical bay of your Mac.
- Now, double-click on the “Office” icon and “Office Installer” too.
- Further, click on the “Continue” button and then click on the “Agree” option.
- Wait for the installation to complete and click on the “Close” button.
- You can choose the Office update from the home page of Microsoft that you want to download.
How to uninstall Microsoft Office 2007 corrupted?
Sometimes you want to uninstall Microsoft Office 2007 but unable to do so because there are corrupted files that are not letting you do so. In this situation, you can try the following things:
- Restart your computer using the “Start” menu.
- When it restarts, go to the “control panel”.
- From here, click on the “Programs and Features” option.
- Further, click on the “Uninstall applet”.
- If this doesn’t work, you can try to uninstall Office using Microsoft Fix it 50154 which is available at office.com/setup.
How to completely remove Office 2016 from registry?
- Open up RegEdit by clicking on “Start” followed by “Run”.
- Now, type “regedit” and hit the “Enter” key.
- After this, locate the Office Registry Key in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\.
- Further, locate the corresponding Registration key.
- You will find multiple hashed keys for different Office products you have installed.
- After locating the correct hashed key, delete it after making sure thatthere is a backup for it.
If you are still unable to uninstall Microsoft Office from your Mac or Windows devices, then you may try to follow the process again and check if you haven’t missed out on any crucial step. For more updates regarding Microsoft Office, become a regular visitor at the official website of Office.
Read – How to install and uninstall Apps on Mac?