Nowadays, we see many users who want to get rid of iTunes from their devices. This could happen because of various reasons such as they do not want to play local music and there is another belter app on their device. In this article, we will learn the basics to uninstall as well as install iTunes from our Windows and Mac devices.
Steps to uninstall iTunes from Windows 8.1 or Windows 10
- Begin by pressing the “Start” button or the “Windows” key.
- Now, type “add or remove programs” in the search bar.
- After this, click on the link that appears.
- When the“Settings” menu opens, scroll down until you find “iTunes.”
- Here, click “Uninstall,” consecutively for two times to complete the process.
You may also read: How to uninstall programs on Windows 10?
Method to uninstall iTunes from Windows 7
- First of all, click on the “Start” button.
- Now, navigate to the “Control Panel”.
- Further, click on “Programs and Features”.
- Afterward, locate iTunes in the list.
- Right-click on it and then click “Uninstall.”
- In the end, follow some on-screen prompts to uninstall iTunes.
- Click “Yes” on Windows’ User Access Control dialog to complete the process.
Steps to uninstall iTunes from MacOS
Note: These steps are applicable to iPhone, MacBook, and Mojave.
- First of all, go to the Applications folder from your macOS device.
- After this, right-click on the shortcut for iTunes.app.
- From here, click on the “Get Info” option.
- Now, tap on the “lock” icon on the bottom of the window.
- Further, enter your Mac admin password followed by tapping on “Sharing and Permissions”.
- Click on the“menu” item next to “everyone”.
- You will find it under the “Privilege” section.
- From here, select “Read & Write.”
- Close this window and click and drag the iTunes app icon into the Trash icon in your dock.
Read more on: How to Uninstall Apps on Mac?
How to reinstall/ install iTunes in Windows PC?
- From your Windows PC, go to the“Download iTunes” page.
- After this, click “Download now” option.
- Now, tap on“Save File” on the screen that opens.
- Further, you have to locate and tap on the“iTunes setup file”by navigating to the “downloads” folder.
- Consecutively, tap“Run” followed by “Next”.
- Here, you have to click on the “Install” button. Do it after choosing your iTunes preferences.
- When “Do you want to allow the following program to make changes to this computer?” appears on your screen, click on “Yes”.
- Click “Yes” once again when “Do you want to allow the following program to install software on this computer?” appears on your screen.
- Tap on the“Finish” button when it is done.
- You may also navigate to the Microsoft Store for downloading apps and programs.
Install iTunes in macOs
- Navigate to the official website of Apple and download the iTunes installer from there.
- After this, open the iTunes installer drive image.
- Double-click its file and click “Continue” to run the program.
- Go through the “Read Me” page, and click “Continue” again.
- Afterward, read the “License Agreement” and click “Continue”.
- Tap on the “Agree” button followed by “Continue”.
- From here, select the “Mac OS startup drive” as the destination volume.
- Again click “Continue” followed by “Install”.
- Hit the “Close” button to continue the process.
This completes the process of uninstalling and installing iTunes on Windows as well as Mac devices. If you want to learn more about this, then you can use your web browser and get answers to your query. In case the solutions given here do not help you, then you should seek immediate assistance from the experts.