Sometimes the programs or the applications present on your device become the cause of your frustration. They may start to load slower, or you wish to replace them with the latest one. In this situation, it is better to remove the program completely from your device. This is done because the remnants of the previous files may interrupt the installation of the latest one. The same is the case with Sophos antivirus. If you want to delete Sophos from your computer or laptop, then this article will help you.
Workaround to uninstall Sophos
(Note: This workaround is specifically for Windows 10 users.)
- First of all, navigate to the “Start” button and click on it.
- From here, click on the “Settings” option.
- When you are redirected to a new window navigate to the “Apps” section.
- Now you have to locate “Sophos Antivirus” under the “Apps & features” section.
- Select the entry for “Sophos Antivirus” and then click on the “Uninstall” option.
- Follow the prompts to complete the removal process.
You are suggested to repeat the same procedure for the entries of Sophos antivirus present in the Apps & features list. Also, note that you must restart your computer after uninstalling each file so as to remove it completely from your device.
Steps to uninstall Sophos antivirus from Mac
- Go to the “Applications” folder of your Mac and locate “Sophos Endpoint”.
- Now you have to double-click on this and then click on “Remove Sophos Endpoint”.
- When prompted, click on the “Continue” option.
- You might have to enter your Username and Password.
- Further, click on the “OK” button and then click on “Close” when your screen confirms the successful removal of the antivirus.
- Restart your mac when you are done uninstalling Sophos.
How to uninstall Sophos endpoint with tamper protection?
When you enable tamper protection on your Sophos antivirus, it restricts the removal of antivirus from your device. If you wish to uninstall Sophos without any interruption, then you have to first disable the tamper protection and then follow the uninstall procedure from the first section. You can follow the steps mentioned below to remove Sophos endpoint tamper protection if you remember your password:
- The first thing you need to do is navigate to the official website of Sophos and sign in to your Central account. You can do this from the admin panel of Sophos.
- Now, you will be prompted to select a computer.
- The screen will display the details of the computer on which you want to disable tamper protection.
- Use the sidebar present on the left side of the window and then click on the click on Endpoint Protection followed by the computer.
- After doing this, go to the “Properties” of the selected device.
- This is the time for the actual deactivation process and for this;you have to locate the settings of tamper protection in the lower area.
- Now, click on the option that says “Disable Tamper Protection”.
Uninstall Sophos endpoint agent without password
In this section, you will learn the procedure to uninstall Sophos endpoint even if you do not remember your password and the tamper protection is preventing you to uninstall it.
- First, you have to boot your system into Safe Mode.
- Now, click on the “Start” button followed by the “Run” option.
- Here, you have to type “services.msc” in the given space and then hit the “Enter” key or click on “OK”.
- After this, locate the entry for “Sophos Antivirus” and right-click on it when you locate it.
- Select “Properties” from the dropdown menu.
- From here, deactivate the service.
- Repeat step 2 again, type “Regedit” and hit the “Enter” key.
- Now locate “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Sophos MCS Agent” in the registry editor and set REG_DWORD Start to 0x00000004.
- After this, locate “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Sophos Endpoint Defense\TamperProtection\Config” in the registry editor and set the following REG_DWORD-values SAVEnabled and SEDEnabled to 0.
- In the end, locate the entry for “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Sophos\SAVService\TamperProtection” in the same location and then set the value at REG_DWORDto 0.
- Finally, reboot your device in normal mode to get rid of Sophos completely.
If you are having trouble while doing so, you may try to repeat the process and check if you are able to uninstall Sophos or not. If not, then you may seek expert assistance.